Random Musing

Taste of Danforth, bowling and more food
Aug 11, 2009 | 1 comments

Ah~ so busy lately. Well not really. lol It was a pretty busy weekend for me though, since we had lots of plans before Ariane hops back on the plane to Vancouver and I'll never hear from her again.

Hot Pot
My first time going out for a hotpot in over a year. We decided to head over to Kitchener for the one Tammy always talked about. Apparently they moved to a new location. The exterior looks like a castle and inside was pretty empty. Kind of expected for a Tuesday night. I think we just ordered the normal kind. Not too sure about that since Benny did the ordering. Ah~ so useful going out with someone who actually knows how to speak and understand chinese properly. lol Now the food spam.





The broth I found to be bland, very bland. Our broth refill was just normal water. In total, I have only got out for hot pot a total of 4 or 5 times and usually with those it was either soft shelled turtle or black chicken herbal. So this was a nice change. I liked the owner though. He was very nice and friendly. I wouldn't mind going back again just cause he was so friendly.

Taste of Danforth
After many years of talking about it, we decided to finally go and check it out. Compared to the Night Market, Taste of Danforth is a much bigger event and they even closed a couple of blocks; basically all of Greek Town, for this event. The first thing we tried was Kanagaroo burger. The taste I found to be similar to the deer jerky I had in Vietnam. I liked it. The only con to it was that the burger patty was very tiny. Expensive for $4.

Even through rain, there was still a big crowd. Rain was off and on and umbrellas were such a big hassle due to the large crowd.

Skewered meat on the rack.

I'm guessing this is the beef skewer with tzatziki sauce.

Jackie enjoying his meat on a stick.

While waiting for our order, Arianne and I; another camwhore buddy, took a quick snap. I love that jacket even though the sleeves were too long. Only problem was that I should've never wore white to such an event, especially for a jacket that was debuting for the first time since purchased.

The gyros with fries that Benny was raving about. Hunnie and I didn't like it that much since it was not as flavourful as the first one we tried. We ate other things there, but sadly, I didn't take much due to the on and off rain. We had the deep fried honey balls and everyone thought that it was way too sweet, except for Benny who seems to love it. The balls reminded me somewhat of Chè xôi nước, which I am kind of craving right now. The lemonade was actually really good, even though it was no different than making it at home.

After semi-filling our tummy, the guys decided to try and catch UFC 101 so we all headed off to Jack Astors at Scarborough Town Centre. Unfortunately, they don't broadcast UFC so the plan went kapoot. So.....


Recognize those shoes? Yup yup, we decided to go bowling. I'm pretty sure the place was called Club 300, its on Old Kennedy Rd.


I think the place is very nice even though it looked real iffy from the outside. Since I was wearing open toed heels, I had no socks and had to buy them. $4 for a pair is such a ripoff!

The ladies of the night. It wasn't worth taking the shots of the guys so I didn't bother. lol

He is really not that photogenic at all. tsk tsk...

I just noticed David in the back making such a face. lol She is so good at taking self pics. The girl practiced so much. Every single time its a perfect shot, dead centre. lol

I rest my case.

Hunnie and Hanh. They're such good friends.
Now dun...dun...duuuun....the scoreboard.


Surprisingly, I did very well. Hunnie wasn't too bad himself, but he knows cause of my weak arm he had a teensie slight of an advantage. lol After bowling, the guys went downstairs to try and play a game of jitz/ fooseball but the place was incredibly packed. I never knew that that many people can all squeeze into a tiny place and play the game so intensely. So what did we decide? Drive all the way to Richmond for Demetre.

A lot of these I do not remember the names and their website is horrendous to figure anything out. Flash overload.

Benny's banana split

David's and his girlfriend's crepe. They both ate it pretty darn fast.

Ariane's strawberry crepe.

Brian's strawberry milkshake

My something freezing latte. I knew I couldn't finish the dessert on my own and will probly end up with an upset stomach so I didn't bother. This was yummy, well I really liked the whipped cream. lol

Hunnie's hot chocolate and his insisted marshmallows.

Hanh's crpe. It had peanut butter ice-cream and had a nice mild taste to it. Not over the top sweet like most of their desserts.
The night ended nicely with everyone being very tired and bloated from the late night snack. I was excited for the next day since it was finally the zoo!

Labels: , , ,