Random Musing

3 Years....
Jul 26, 2009 | 0 comments

So, on Friday was my 3 years anniversary with my hunnie. Was it the exact date that we hooked up? Not really. We just decided on that day because it was the day that I got him to take me to Wonderland, about a week or so after knowing eachother. He was such a cutie back then; well he still is now (even though I refuse to tell him that lol) but he gave such a wrong impression. Who would've thought that the Mr. Cool I met on the first day turned out to be such a dork. hahaha He claimed that after knowing me, he turned into such a weirdo, he just doesn't want to admit that he has always been that weird and such a dork. lol

For the special day, I decided to bake him a cake. It turned out so-so. It was my first time baking from scratch and I got Jonathan to help me and Andy once in a while when he decided to come down. I tried my hands on a Red Velvet cake since the name sounded nice and from checking out some food blogs; there were lots of great reviews for it. I also checked the food section on the all might Soompi for some feedbacks and they were all positive. Honestly, it pretty much tasted like a chocolate cake dyed red to me. I was imagining some kind of fruity flavour or something delicate but was pretty disappointed. The cake just struck to me since I remembered years and years ago; watching the early seasons of Apprentice, there was one mission where each team was supposed to develop and market their own ice-cream flavour to the people of NYC. One team did a version of the Red Velvet and it stayed in my mind till today.




The mix of red food colouring and the premium cocoa; it was supposed to be cocoa powder but we couldn't find any at all in the 2 grocery stores we went to, before adding into the mixture.



Before going into the oven.


Cooling it off, it looks like any other chocolate cake.



My attempt at decorating with Cream cheese frosting. Looks ok on pictures but in actuality, it looks pretty horrible. lol The cream wasn't what I was expecting. Texture was not firm enough even though I left it in the fridge for a while to cool off and it had a tangy taste. Hunnie seemed to like it though, so guess all the work paid off.

We were planning on going to see The Ugly Truth that night but too bad that there were only 5 seats left; that'll teach us to arrive and get tickets 20 minutes before the show starts, on the opening night to boot. So we decided to go back home for a little while and then went out to Tony's for a few games of pool.


Hunnie playing jitz with a friend; jitz, fooseball, really same thing. We decided to get pizza afterwards since you can't really get anything at 1:30 in the morning here. It took us about a half hour just to get three slices all because of two drunk groups of people. So much drama with insults being thrown back and forth. BUT a funny fact, the guy that was working is apparently one of my classmates in school. LOL It took me a whole day to remember that. When I saw hime, all I thought was how familiar he looked.

Thursday
I went to Korea Town with hunnie that day; well he had business outside of it, but I visited the PAT mart to check it out and search for the Italian towel that many people on Soompi were raving about. I found something like it, but it didn't look like the ones in picture so I gave it a pass. Plus, 5 bucks for one of those wasn't what I was expecting. lol Instead, I picked these up.

From left to right: 433,S16, S24
They were being sold for cheap at the cosmetic section upstairs from the mart and the colours attracted me. I have no clue what the names are since they only have numbers as names, plus I can't even find the website for the brand. On the sparkly bottle it says Prorance International Manicure and the other two only a logo, PR.


I like the gold colour a bit more than the blue. The blue wasn't what I was expecting. I thought it would've been a lot more bright. The brush for the blue sparkles is horrible though. It clumps up and it makes it a bit hard to brugh, but the bottle looks nice. The brushes for the other two are a lot easier to brush on.

Saturday
I had steak with his family for dinner and hunnie decided to play with his mound of now mashed potatos.

At first he only punctured holes to make a face but then I suggested that he add the cheese in the holes since he was going to add them in anyways and melt it.

And Voila! Timmy doing one of the many things he does best during dinner time.




Cutest little maltese no?
Later in the night we went out to Demetre with Tammy in Burlington. I thought the place was gonna be just as packed as the one in the AMC plaza up in Mississauga but guess not.

My order of Belgian Waffle, sadly, I don't remember what I ordered. All I remember is it having white chocolate ice cream and raspberry and chocolate sauce drizzled on it. I asked for the strawberries to be added in. It was good, but the problem is that it was sweet overload. Hunnie said that I'd be done in six bites; as in I'll quit. LOL I'm not sure how many bites after, but I did finish 3/4 of it, so it was all good. Hunnie ordered an apple pie with honey vanilla ice-cream, he claimed it was way too sweet for him so he stopped eating. Such a waste, he should've just got a normal apple pie. He doesn't really like sweets or Demetre's to begin with, but he loves me so he took me there. <3

Tammy's order. Don't remember what her's was called either but basically chocolates galore. I know it has something to do with tiramisu. Andy was the only one that night that finished his order, Tammy was a close second.

Sunday
Hunnie's mom told us about Label having a closing sale and everything was being sold for cheap, so we decided to head over there. Nothing really caught my eye but Hunnie picked up a nice looking tshirt for only $10 and I picked up two shirts for my brothers at $5 each. Both were two tight on them so now have to go exchange it.

After Labels, we went into Old Navy so that Hunnie can look for shorts for the upcoming camping trip this coming weekend, but there were nothing as well. We decided to head over to Espirit after and hunnie suggest that we walk over, but for some reason it wounded up him driving over while his mom and I walk over.

This is the dress I bought at Sirens when we went to the mall. Ah~ feels so nice to be able to shop again; even though it was only for one thing. I was tricked by the rack since it stated $17 but turned out to be $25. Blah, but cute no? fits me so nicely as well.

Labels: , , , , , ,