Random Musing

DIY & Pad Thai
Oct 8, 2009 | 0 comments

So thanks to this video, I decided to run out to Sally's Beauty Shop and get myself one of those cutting comb to try it out myself. Yes, hunnie isn't around so I am that bored. lol

I decided to just do the front and the video seems easy enough. Layering will be such a cinch. So these are the before shots. My camera was dead during this time so the onlyt hing I could use was the webcam on my netbook. Excuse the frames. lol




I really do consider my hair to be very long since I tend to cut it when it gets to this length.




The comb I bought, costs $7.39. Comb on one end and razor on the other. I placed it back in the case since it was dangerous leaving it out and about. Dangerous on my part since I accidentally combed my hair with the blade end more than once already. lol


How much I cutted off. Doesn't look like much but it is quite a bit considering I only did part of the front. This was only the first half since my mom called and asked me to take her van out to the dealership to get the oil changed.




I started it off from the mid of my nose bridge, around my lips and chin. As you can see it was uneven. So after coming back from the oil change, I took out the comb again and started to cut.






My left hand is pretty shakey so it was hard to get a clear shot of the left side. It looks a teensie bit better and I decided to start it off shorter. The measurement started above my eyes instead. These type of bangs looks better on me when I have my hair up.

Now onto food. lol

There is this place in Guelph called Sombat The Thai Guy and I am very much in love with it.

Sombat The Thai Guy
4 - 565 Woodlawn Road West
Guelph, Ontario
N1K 1E9

Phone: 519-766-1669
Fax: 519-766-0991

This place has made me fall in love with pad thai and curry. I really do recommend all of the curry that the restaurant serves. My most favourite is the Dry Curry and the Yellow Chicken Curry. My mouth just water when I think about these two dishes. Those are also hunnie's favourite. What makes this place great to me is that it's 100% Thai; which is something very hard to find in Guelph or the Tri-city area. Most places are Viet-Thai, which is more viet who just wants to expand their menu. I do not recommend eating Pad Thai at any of these Viet-Thai places as they are not authentic and tastes like a huge mix of ketchup and noodles. But it does make pretty darn good leftovers for the next day. lol

Anyways, back to Sombat. I took Andy there for lunch when I picked him up from his co-op today. Their lunch menu is always a good deal. Prices are the same; if not cheaper, as Thai Express or any other food court. I ordered the Pad Thai and Lemongrass Soup and Andy ordered the Green Curry.



My lemongrass soup came out first. I ♥heartsl♥ this soup so much. I recommend choosing the seafood option since the muscle really accentuates the taste of the soup.



Andy's green curry came out next. You get a spring roll for the lunch order. Their dipping sauce is somewhat like the vietnamese's nuoc mam but it's much thicker. It has more of a syrup consistency.





Ta-daah~ My pad thai &loves; Pictures are a bit blurry because I totally forgot to turn on macro.

The difference you can clearly see from this pad thai and from Viet-Thai places is that it does not look soggy and red. The texture is very much different as well. The Thai likes to have their noodles to be somewhat chewy compared to how Vietnamese and Chinese would have their noodles. Their Pad See-ew vs. the Vietnam's Hu Tieu Xao and China's Ho Feng (?) dishes are all similar but the Thai's difference is the texture of the rice noodles. Yeah I know I'm a food nerd. lol

Labels: , , ,