Random Musing

3 Weeks Compilation or Something Like That
Oct 5, 2009 | 0 comments

So I've been lazy to blog with the addition to school so my former goal of one post per week has gone kapoot and no I'm not going to try and revive that. Anyways, the weather has been incredibly crummy lately and our supposed summer of '09 is gone forever. Sigh, the the weather this year has been incredibly unstable. The first summer night where I was actually freezing and shivering my butt off. On to more depressing news, my hunnie has been shipped away off to Vietnam for about 2.5 weeks now and I've been incredibly bored on the weekends. I was going to write a long and did elaborate detail of the separation as I watched him walk through the gates....yeah then I decided not to. lol

Prince Sushi
Website
90 Courtneypark Dr E
Mississauga, ON L5T
(905) 565-1999


Right in the ACM plaza in Mississauga. I went here with Tam and Lisa since we were all craving sushi and felt like going far. This was my second time going to this place; all you can eat by the way, and I wasn't disappointed at all. I read a bunch of mixed reviews from both Redflag and Chowhound, but I guess it really depends on the day and who is working. I went on a Thursday and even though it was a full house, our orders came out pretty fast.






Since Tam had to remind us that it was only 3 girls eating I couldn't go happy on marking everything right off the bat. We still ordered quite a bit and I like how their menu offers a bit more sashimi than the usual places. Sadly, those were the only few shots I took at the beginning. Everything was all so yummy that I really didn't have any complaints except that the table 'cloth' was just a big piece of white paper.lol The bill came to about $25 each and we were all pretty stuff but couldn't shake off the temptation of Demetre right next door.

Tam was the only one that actually finished her big plate of crepes while Lisa basically nibbled on her's. I knew I couldn't handle a whole plate of desserts so opted for a drink instead. Sadly, I couldn't even finish that and took the rest home with me. I still love my whipped cream though.

Funny fact: Have you ever noticed that most Demetre has quite a bit of asian servers? I've been to four locations already and the only one that doesn't have a single asian servers; while I was dining, was the one off of Weston. But that place was incredibly dead with only one person working. I was wondering about that at the time and mentioned it to Tam if the owner of the franchise was asian or something. She in turn asked our server straight out. lol She's a pretty straightfoward person. So apparently a Persian guy owns the one in Mississauga and he likes to hire asians because we are very hardworking. Yeah, maybe back in the days. lol

Happy belated birthday Ontario Science Centre!
So I didnt know anything about this until I talked to Jackie on the day and he told me that there was going to be free admission. I got real excited and dragged my brothers with me. Since hunnie wasn't around, there wasn't anyone I know that would be interested; except for Jackie, but he was already going with his family so I can't really hop along. When I told hunnie where I went later he was incredibly jealous lol

It was incredibly packed that day and I even felt a little bit claustrophobic. Nonetheless I was super excited since the last time I went to the Science Centre was for a Gr. 9 science trip. There were cops directing traffic at the entrance and one of the employees was outside greeting people on his segway. I was honestly jealous since I really wanted to try one of those. Since we arrived pretty late; around 3 and it closes at 5, finding a close parking wasn't too hard. $8 parking kind of hurt though lol


Entrance and see those photographers right there? I was surprised that some people would like to take a few or all of their wedding shots right in front of the science centre. Maybe its a pair of scientists that decided to get hitched.


Pretty long tunnel that a lot of kids like to crawl and scream their heads off through.


Holy moly packed! It was very chaotic inside but luckily there wa=ere a lot of employees standing around to direct everyone. They were also showing free movies at the IMAX but all were sold out by the time we got there. I was interested in the sea life one. Tickets for that was $12 so I decided not to buy. Due to my camera almost running out of battery, I couldn't take as much pic as I wanted to.


So many things were happening all at once that it was hard to get around. The first floor we tried to check out was the space one, but unfortunately that was also where the kids play area was so it was incredibly packed. It made me feel somewhat claustrophobic. We decided to go down to the next floor since it was impossible to check out anything and due to all the people, it was incredibly hot and hard to breathe. I did manage to snap a few photos though.



The coolest thingy ever! lol


Entrance to the Weston Family Innovation I believe.


This thing was very neat. Its basically just air bubbles shooting up at different speed. I can't remember if it made any sound.




The little kids were going crazy with this. You're supposed to collect all these scrap papers and just put it in the tube to let it shoot back up. So basically like raining confetti.


This was at the side where there was a huge magnetic wall and you can just put words together. Just like those magnetic alphabets on your fridge.

Now then, onwards to the Body World!


From faraway, I honestly thought we were about the same size. Guess not.



Cute little kid trying to see how long he could keep his balance.


There was an interesting display near the back where it explains how women were perceived back in the day and why many couldn't try sports even if they wanted to. Those darn things! For some reason I can't remember the name at the moment and keep thinking corsages but its not the right term.

Edit: So Jonathan just told me. It's called a corsette. lol Close enough

My camera died here on out so everything else is from Andy's cellphone.


I do not remember what this one was called but I'm pretty sure anyone who has gone to the Science Centre would remember. Stand on the spinning thing while holding a wheel and have someone spin the wheel for you to turn. I'm pretty sure it's something about motion. I tried it myself but the wheel was heavy for me and I couldn't keep my balance on it so I gave up. lol


In theliving earth section and right behind the globe was a neat little cave that made me worry that someone was going to step on my precious shoes. lol Kids were running back and forth in it.




Right on the ceiling was a huge skeleton of a whale. I forgot what whale it was though.

So after checking out most of the exhibits there was a quiz in the centre. Andy actually knew most of the answers but sadly they didn't choose him. He missed out on a $250 gift card. Poor kid wasn't too happy about it. lol

By the time we finished checking everything, it was already 5PM. So we only spent about one and half hours there. If it wasn't so crowded, it would most likely have taken us much longer. Oh well, I can't for the human body exhibit to open. I'll make hunnie take me when he comes back.

So after we decided to go eat okonomiyaki. The Science Centre was pretty close to 401 so I decided to go to Naniwa Taro. They're the people that makes the takoyakis at the annual Night Market.


Shot of the 'store front.' Naniwa Taro is located in the food court of the T&T. This place used to have the Owl of Minerva but I guess they decided to change name.







Sigh, stupid camera phone.


Jonathan's tamagayaki or something like that. Basically a veggie dish. For some reason he's been opting for the veggie dishes which I find annoying. lol


Andy's okonomiyaki.


My hiroshimayaki. The difference betweent he two is that mine has yakisoba in it as well. I did not like this at all. The yakisoba was hard to chew. I am not sure if its because of the cook or if it's supposed to be like this.

Overall I did not like mine, Jonathan was indifferent, and Andy didn't have much to rave about his as well. It took a long time for the food to be prepared as well. Compared to Okonomi House, it didn't even come close.


We had two orders of the takoyakis and it was sooo yummy in the beginning but then got sickening. In total, everything came to about $30.

Naniwa Taro
5661 Steeles Ave E.
T&T Food Court

Check if you are interested.

I also went to a friend's birthday party the weekend after. I didn't arrive till late so everyone was pretty much partied out. The birthday boy was very drunk. lol


Birthday boy and I. He was very much a happy boy the whole night.




LOL my friend Sherry really wanted to pull Tam's skirt up.




LOL only the left side did the blowing kisses. All in all it was a pretty good night. I did not drink at all. lol

Labels: , ,