Random Musing

I Am Hot! Hot! Hot!
May 26, 2010 | 2 comments

So for the past few days it has been incredibly hot that it makes me not even want to take one step outside. Instead, I just lounge around and be perfectly still as possible. My family is trying to minimize A/C usage as little as possible this summer so we all got our own little electric fan. I wouldn't feel as hot if it wasn't for the fact that Hunnie uses it most of the time. See, it has become that he comes over to spend 'quality time' with my brothers, which means each one sitting at a computer and play games while yelling from one room to the next. Poor me, I'm stuck on my netbook instead of playing my own game.

So here it is like I said in my last update, Wasabi review!!

Wasabi
98 Courtneypark Dr East
Mississauga, ON L5T

(905) 670-5588

In total, I went to this location 3 times since it opened and once up in Richmond. The first time coming here was during Lunar New Year, second was for Bao's birthday and the third was for Alina's; which was a few weeks ago. First time going; it was on a Sunday, so I was expecting a wait. It took about 20-40 minutes for the wait. I don't quite remember exactly and my sense of time is very horrible according to everyone. 10 minutes would go by and I would think its half an hour already. Anyways, I thought it was pretty busy and packed; judging the wait, but there were lots of empty tables. The restaurant decor was very nice and modern. Its one of the most trendy buffet I've ever been to. There were many rooms, but each was only about half full. I was kind of annoyed that I had to wait so long when there were plenty of empty tables.



This was taken on my second visit; on a Thursday, and it was the closest to the buffet.


Bonus image of outside. Yup snow. This was way back in February I believe. One week before Hunnie returned from his trip to China/ Vietnam.

What I thought was unique about Wasabi was that all their hot dishes was in a steel pot; not sure what it is called. It made it look kind of classy.


Sorry for the blurry image, but I thought it was awkward to stand there and take a picture of the buffet area so I just took quick snaps when we were leaving. You can see in the back left side the steel pot that the hot food is served. On the right is the dessert bar. Their dessert collection is amazing! They carry many different kind and it makes me so excited to choose. The cakes are displayed in the glass fridge that you can see, although quite blurry. There is also a chocolate fountain missing from there if only I went on a weekend. I'm not much for those types of desserts so I didn't really care much, just liked the fact there was a fountain of chocolate. lol


This is what I consider the western food bar. Steaks, roast beef, pizza, all found here. Beyond that; to the left, is the sushi bar. Behind these bars were the salad bar and the grilling bar, which serves the usual short ribs, teriyaki chicken, skewered meat, and they also have udon noodles soup. You can also get the chef to make your food teppanyaki style. I never tried it since I never really liked teppanyaki, except for the performance part. There isn't really much flavour except for a lot of soy sauce to me. Surprisingly, I enjoyed the salad bar. They had jelly fish and seaweed salad. Yum...




The sushi menu. Like other AYCE sushi place, any leftover is charged full price or however they want to charge per roll.


Salmon sashimi


Salmon Rose and Spicy salmon sushi. I've always liked the look of the rose even though the taste of it is just so-so. I hate spicy salmon that feels like its salmon puree. I would have liked to feel chunks of salmon. The taste was so-so. I prefer for spicy salmon to have a bit of the mayo creaminess.


Dragon roll and california roll. Bao enjoyed the dragon until I told him it was eel. He freaked out right afterwards and refused to eat another one. He liked the california though. The dragon wasn't too bad. Since Wasabi didn't offer any other dragons, this was the best thing. Since no one except me enjoyed sushi, I didn't order as much as when I went with my family the first time.

Wasabi tries to have too much going at once for a buffet. It tries to cater to everyone with the Canadian Chinese food and the popularity of Japanese cuisine. The sushi I find to be real mediocre but comparing it with the one in Richmond; which I went with Hunnie and Linda last month, this place is much better. If you want to go for variety then this place isn't too bad, but if you are looking for Japanese specifically, there's a Prince Sushi in the same plaza and then you can hop on over to Demetre for desserts.



Can't go wrong with tea ♥



Green tea mousse cake, I didn't like it but everyone else loves it.


The aftermath of our table

Some food shots:


I am not a big eater when it comes to buffet. I like the variety of it and always end up getting the same thing at any one. I like the celery. lol


See the jellyfish there?


Little Elvin and I on his daddy's birthday. Honestly, he's not little at all.


Us girls with Alina and Elvin sleeping at the side.


Eversince she gave birth to her second child, not only she slimmed down significantly, her complexion is flawless!! I am so jealous of the motherly glow.

These were shots from Alina's birthday a few weeks ago:



All the cakes in front are all mine. I ended up eating 3 slices of tiramisu that day. I took tiny bites out of the green tea mousse and mango mousse.


I really feel awkward posing in front of cameras.





I must admit, my complexion was really good that day.

Because of things, these are just random images during my activities in January and February.



I went to a Lunar New Year celebration over in Kitchener. A funny that happened was that Linh and I were sitting by ourselves and a lady from the table over turned over to us and started pulling out raffle tickets. Linh is a sucker for temple stuff, so she bought one. I felt awkward so I bought one as well...again, since we bought some earlier as well. What really urked me was that it was a raffle for a temple over in Hamilton. I felt kind of cheated and kind of wanted my money back cause it felt kind of sketchy since she only asked Linh and I to buy. I let it go though since she was supposedly selling it in the name of charity and if anything, karma will bite her back in the butt if she ripped us off on such a day.


New Year. Both of my brothers are so tall. I feel so tiny now. I remember back in the days when I was so much taller than them. booo....


The temple over in Kitchener


My nails for Valentine's. I tried to do flowers an spent countless hours trying to perfect it before drawing it on my nails. I only felt satisfactory with this.





Now this is funny, I can not draw or anything with my left hand, so I decided to go gradient for my right hand. Yeah weird






The end of the nails spam.

On Saturday, Tammy had a banquet over in Waterloo at a place called King Tin Seafood Restaurant I believe. In total, it was a 9 course meal that was 2-3 hours long. I wasn't fond of any of the dishes except for the Shark Fin soup and red bean dessert. I was excited when I saw lobsters coming out and was singing out in anticipation. Since our table was the only young table, we had a lot of leftovers. The only dish we all attacked was the lobsters and we didn't even finished that. I felt so wasteful but the food was really below average. I felt sad that they destroyed the vegetable dish. Snow pea leaves in crab sauce. I love snow pea leaves, but the crab sauce wasn't appetizing at all. It didn't even look appetizing.

I did not take any pictures of the food since I thought it wasn't really worth it and only took group shots.



Hoang isn't good at taking pictures at all. The guy only had like one beer too.




I honestly cannot pose at all. My face also feels awkward standing there getting ready for the photo to snap that my eyes start to get twitchy and it feels like my cheeks has froze into place.

Well that's some things I did in the past few months. Happy with the massive pictures spam?

Labels: , , , , ,