Random Musing

My Late Post
Dec 20, 2009 | 1 comments

So it's been a while. I was never much of a dedicated person to begin with. lol Well lets have a massive rewind to almost a month ago, I got hired at Sears for the holiday season! Insert bunch of smilies here. I got hired in the Jewellery department and oh my, I did not know that there were so many people buying from there. For any other Sears I wouldn't be as surprise, but since this is the one in Guelph; I've always thought that this one was going to close down any day now.

Well on my first day of work, was also mine and hunnie's birthday weekend. Again insert bunch of smilies here. His was November 20th and mine was the 23rd. Happy belated birthday to us. lol For that weekend, we didn't do anything special except go out for a family dinner. It was the first time that both parents met one another and on that day, his cousins from London also came up to visit. We decided to go eat at Kingsley Chinese Restaurant.

Kingsley Chinese Restaurant
50 Kennedy Road South Unit 59B, Kennedy Square
Brampton, Ontario
L6W 3R7

The choice was either Sun Sun in the Chinese plaza on Dundas or anywhere else. Both hunnie and I didn't want to go far or anything and I was not fond of Sun Sun after that last time going with Hoang so I chose here. We went here to eat for hunnie's birthday lastyear as well and the food was pretty good. This time around, not so.

I was pretty nervous for this night since it was going to be the first time both parents have seen one another. Yeah it felt like both parents 'ga mat.'

Some random images before the food arrived.


My daddy and Andy

Hunnie's dad

So the food....I totally forgot to capture any pics when it came out so most of these has already been dived into lol



Crispy chicken




BC crabs stir fried with garlic and green onion



Seafood Chow Mein




What's left of the steamed fish lol


Their house special fried rice. Which wasn't the same one we had before.

We also had fish maw soup to start off with and I had my Chinse style beef tenderloin in a sizzling platter. My must at any chinese restaurants. Can't fail me no matter how crummy a restaurant is. The sweet sauce should be acceptable no matter what lol Also, after the meal, another table ordered Peking duck and it struck me that we didn't order it at all. Boo... So here's a few images of them dismantling the thing.





LOl I was jealous cause I wanted some peking duck too.


Our complimentary dessert.

So the place is pretty blah now. I am not planning on going there again after this. The service was very slow that night and the manager likes to prance around.

A few weeks after the birthday dinner, my brothers and I took our dad up to Toronto for his monthly doctor and we decided to go to Kenzo Ramen.

Kenzo Ramen - Japanese Noodle House
138 Dundas St. W
Toronto, Ontario

416-205-1155

Yes this is the same place where I went to in the summer and walked right out cause they did not take AMEX and because the menu was very limited to ramen. Yes I know, it's a ramne shop but the website had a lot on it, so I was falsely informed. Hmph! Anyways, I am kind of glad that I went back since the menu has increased and it had Takoyaki!!

Andy chose a very simple one. Shoyu Ramen
The broth was so-so





Jonathan chose to get Netsu Ramen. I really like the broth for this one.




I chose the Orochong Ramen. I didn't like it as much as the Netsu's broth, but I am pretty sure it's pretty much the same thing though.




Eating this gave me a new impression of Ramen. It has gone up a notch in my book. I still don't think it's that great but it's quite decent. Nothing comparable to pho or any of the vietnamese noodle dishes. lol No its not the bias talking. I don't find it as flavourful as vietnamese.

Other things we ordered was the tonkatsu appetizers. I found this to be really good as the meat was nice and tender and the breaded skin was nice and crispy.




It came with a 'side' of salad as you can see in the pic. I found it quite amusing that when it came out, the waiter crushed the sesame seeds for us and mixed the sauce together. I think it's a ponzu sauce but I could be wrong since this was a month ago. Good sauce though.


The two sauce he mixed in with the crushed sesame seeds.



Now here's the OMG good stuff, Takoyaki! So much better than Naniwa Taro. The octopuses in it is much bigger and they added cheese inside these ooey gooey goodness. It was so good we made another order. 6 per order and quite expensive too.








See the cheese and the large octopus piece? I really do recommend this to everyone.

I would go here again just to eat their takoyaki. Ramen I am still not very fond of and the next time, I think I'll try their okonomiyaki. Yum, yum I can't wait.

So recently, I have gotten myself into Vietnamese filtered coffee. Since hunni has all the stuff for it and Trung Nguyen coffee, I've been making it for myself everyday. Gah! My breath smells so much!


The ingredients and materials used. Nothing beats the Longevity brand condensed milk. Not even the Dutch Girl. Noticed the milk however is placed in a pickle jar. lol Hunnie's mom and her OCD.

First the milk





The filter that every viet person uses when making coffee.




The coffee used. Can't really tell much lol



Placing it in the filter.



And placing the top part on. I have no clue what it's called.



And then add a tiny bit of water just to let the coffee soak up and moist through out.


Now watch it trickle





Once the first tiny pour is finished, fill it to the top with boiling hot water




It takes a while but once the last trickle finish, you end up with something so delicious.


Mix it all up


And voila! Forget about Tim Horton's ice coffee. It does not taste the same after you drink this.


Thanks for reading, now I can go zzzz.... Just like them

Labels: , , , ,